Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Life after Super Saturday...

Is there such a thing? My house is still a mess, and calls are still coming in...but there is light at the end of the tunnel!

~sorry there are no pictures...I forgot my camera

Our Super Saturday was held last Saturday and it was an amazing day. I could not have survived this even without the help of so many wonderful friends & family.

I have been planning this events for months and everytime I see Monica I have to get her opinion of the latest project. I don't know what we talk about now.

I have made numerous shopping trips many of which I have dragged Kim (niece) with me on, and last week I called her several times to go pick up this or that. She spend all Friday afternoon chasing all over the Salt Lake Valley picking up things for me.

On Friday night we went to the church to set up the tables and Ted and Jason (he works part time for us at the shop) spent about 2 hours hauling stuff from my house to the church.

Saturday morning we started at 9 a.m. and I left the building at about 5:30 p.m. I had two other committee members (Cheryl & Liz) who were amazing. Liz had surgery on Monday and was there Friday & Saturday working.

I knew that I would need all the help I could find, so who do I turn to...my family of course. Monica (daughter-in-law) was going to help me with one wood project..but stayed all day and helped with every project. Vicki (sister) made her famous scones and spent 2 hours outisde cooking them in a snow storm. Brandy (niece) also helped cook scones and stayed after helping to clean up.

I really feel that we had a very succesful event, but I feel even more blessed to know that I have such great friends and family that will support me. I only hope that I will be able to return the favor some day.

1 comment:

{Mo} said...

You did such a great job, which is great for eveyone but you.... now they will never release you :)