Thursday, July 16, 2009

Camp Cloud Rim


Sydney survived a week of Girl Scout camp (and we did too). She attended Camp Cloud Rim with another Girl Scout in our Service Unit. Camp Cloud Rim is just beautiful. Here are some of the fun things they did at camp:

Lake Brimal - they have soooo many fun things to do on the lake: swimming, kayaking, canoeing, wind sailing. The girls even do an early morning "Polar Bear Dip"


Granite wall - Sydney said climbing this granite wall was a ton of fun!


Mosquitos - I guess they have a pretty intense mosquito season. Sydney came home with over 50 bites (and she says she used the bug spray)

I am so proud of Sydney and that she survived (and thrived) at camp. I trully thought she would get homesick. I just can't belive how fast she is growing up.


This is part of a conversation we had on Saturday when I picked her up.
Sydney: (pointing out a couple of the girls who were really homesick) "...see that girl, she just cried to go home...can you even believe that!"

Sheri: "Didn't you even miss me at all?"

Sydney: "Well yeah~but not enough to cry about it!"

So needless to say, mosquitos and all, she is ready to sign up to attend again next year.

3 comments:

Shirley Westenskow said...

Go Sydney! You're (or soon will be) our kind of woman!!

Emmett Family said...

Where is this camp? It's beautiful country. Glad she had such a good time.

~Sheri D~ said...

Camp Cloud Rim is between Park City and Heber City. It sets at 9200 feet in elevation. So I imagine the Polar Bear Dip was really cold!