Okay so I finally have something post worthy to share with you.
Sydney and I were able to attend the opening night perfromance of Wicked at Capitol Theater in Salt Lake. It was AwEsOmE, FABULOUS!, exciting, inspiring, intoxicating, stirring, moving, exhilarating (can you think of any more adjectives~it was all of those as well).
I was just about to sneak one quick picture of the stage before the show started as the usher told the people behind us that "no pictures are allowed!" so I don't have any pictures to share. You'll just have to believe me when I say it was incredible.
I was only slightly familiar with the storyline but was so moved by all the great messages of friendship, love, and "looking at things differently". The cast was amazing they just made you fall in love with each character.
We were able to get tickets thru Girl Scouts and after the performance they had a "Chat Back" with some of the cast and crew. Here are some interesting things we found out:
* They have 14 semi trailers full of sets, props, costumes, etc. (about 40 tons of stuff)
* They make Elphaba green with a water based make up and a green spotlight
* Yes! Fiyero and Elphaba really do kiss~aren't Girl Scouts so cute :)
* There are a lot of costume changes in the show and some of then happen very quickly. There's one that happens during the sceen when Fiyero arrives at school that happens in 11 seconds!
* A few members of the cast shared "their story" and they all come from very diverse backgrounds. The stand-by for Gilda was a Girl Scout. She received a degree in neuroscience before deciding that she really wanted to be in the theater.
I am so thankful for this great experience that I was able to share with Sydney. It truly was well....WICKED!
Drawing Nigh
13 years ago
2 comments:
Yea!!! I'm so glad you had a good time! I have been anxiously waiting to hear how it was... I should have just picked up the phone and called you, but then that would have been too easy, right?
It sounds great, my niece went opening night also and has the same things to say about it. If you get a chance to get Lion King tickets please grab 5 for us........
Post a Comment