Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Swimin'


This summer I decided to let Sydney do summer swim team. She has wanted to for several years (and she did do it last school year) but with summer swim team they have several swim meets throughout the summer. Although I do love the water, the thought of sitting in the 100 degree pool for 3 hours waiting to watch her swim two or three races just did not appeal to me.

But this year I figured that she is old enough that if Ted or I can't be there (even if I want to...but that's another post) she should be able to figure it out on her own. They had one meet last week, and two this week. I was able to attend one of the meets this week and get a few pictures.

Sydney loves the water and is a fairly good swimmer (she also took lessons for a couple weeks and just passed level 4) so she just loves the opportunity to be in the water and with her friends, she really doesn't care what place she takes (she has two 1st place, one 3rd, one 4th, and two 6th so far this season). I am really glad that she enjoys doing it just for the fun of it.


I have a very competative nature and I try to not let that show and just be there to support her. I really am grateful for the opportunity that Sydney has had to take swimming lessons and to participate with the swim team. She is a far better swimmer than I will ever be!

1 comment:

{Mo} said...

Let us know next time she has a meet and we'll try and come watch. I wish my boys would have gotten bitten by the same water bug Sydney did, but no such luck. Maybe Carlie will be the one to like it?